AREAS OF PRACTICE
Regulatory issues and Compliance
Companies and corporations
Private international law
Marine and Aviation
The Firm, having a pre-eminent specialisation in insurance law, collaborates principally with insurance companies, either domestic or foreign, advising on topics related to the conduct of the business, regulatory issues, relationships with the customers, as well as relationships with agents and brokers.
The Practice also assists non insurance clients in the areas of corporate/commercial law, contracts and private international law.
The law firm works both in the litigation field, in which it distinguishes itself for its accuracy, reliability and tenacity, as well as the excellent results obtained in relation to delicate insurance law questions, and the insurance contract consultancy field, providing services for the revision of policy clauses as well as the creation of new insurance products.
On the matter of insurance law it should be mentioned that the Firm has matured a particular experience in the fields of: fire and engineering, performance bonds and guarantees, technological risks, transport, professional liability, D&O policies, Banks and financial Institutions risks, tour-operator liability, casualties, life.
Thanks to a strong commitment to keeping up to date with the developments in case law, the opinions of the experts and the solutions adopted by insurance practitioners, carried out by dedicated teams, the Firm is able to provide its clients with high quality and effective services, under the constant supervision of the Partner in charge of the specific engagement.
For a short overview of the most significant engagements which the Firm has been entrusted most recently and in the past please consult the information contained hereinafter in this site at section Recent and past most significant engagements.
OTHERS AREA OF PRACTICE
- advice and assistance on the implementation of compliance programs according to a recent Italian statute for the prevention of crimes in carrying on company business (Legislative Decree 231/2001);
- revision of D & O insurance coverage according to the new regulations on company law and corporate governance;
- advice on different topics arising from the implementation in Italy of the new EU directive on insurance intermediaries;
- advice on the integrated distribution of insurance and financial products, and bank- assurance related matters;
- consultancy about self insurance instruments for industrial and professional companies.